Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Some people do not have manners?



I grew up in the Japanese society.


I was taught that when calling friends on the phone and another person answers always greet them before asking the friend.  


If I am making a business phone call needless to say I used to tell my company's name and my mane as well.




However since I have lived with my husband , sometimes his coworkers would call our house as well as his friends.


Even I had met them before most of them just say "Is OO(my husband ' name) there?"
(without greeting me)



It makes me feel like a telephone operator !



Is this normal or are they rude?



When that happened I would always  say

"May I ask who"s calling?"  





In Japan even elementally children know telephone etiquette.

Although  these days there may be less opportunity to call somebody's house for them because of       texting and e mail.