Friday, December 26, 2014

many presents will make children happy? wow Craiglist !

My family and I just moved from Japan.My first experience to live in America.

I would like to write about things that surprised me or things I felt were really different culturally.

I was looking at Craiglist one day and I was surprised that many people post lists of what they need    want at Xmas time.
Some one posted" I like to help my friend who lost her job and she has children and I would like to give them a real X mas experience."
What is a real Xmas experience ?
Why do not they go to church?

When I was little I received only one present at X mas.
That made me happy .    
 After we went church on X mas day.

Another person posted
 ''I have a 8 years old daughter .
I have low income but I would like to give my daughter Xmas presents."
She then posted a lists of many things.
 "Thing my daughter likes is: Frozen, Monster High, Lalaloopsy, Princess stuff, Board games, Electronic Games etc..
Thing she need new Winter Coat size 00/00, Winter Boots size 00, Any Pants or Shirts size 00/00, Winter hat/gloves and new TWIN Bed sheet set with comforter etc,,."

I know she does not expect to receive then all.

I am not a Grinch but  understand a child world when it comes to wants and needs .

This is America.

 Even if you can not afford things you still want things.